(upcomming stable release)
This release contains a lot of bugfixes and other small improvements. If you want, have a look at the roadmap status for 0.1.0 : http://trac.navit-project.org/milestone/version%200.1.0
Major improvements over 0.0.2 :
- OpenStreetMap support has been greatly enhanced (navit now uses a binfile driver)
- garmin support has been greatly enhanced (but routing is still being worked on)
- some improvements for using navit under Openmoko (thanks to the OM contributors!)
- map interaction in GTK : you can now 'slide' the map by pressing mouse and dragging map
And of course, a lot of bugfixes and other small improvements. See the full list for more details.
Three months after the first public release, we've bundled a new version of NavIt.
This release includes, amongst other things :
- enhanced make install, with translations in 8 languages
- better support for osm data, with new binfile format faster than old text driver
- package building includes download of a osm sample map, so you can see how it looks and works without having to buy additional software
- Improved configuration through navit.xml
- new 'demo' vehicule which allows you to test NavIt, without even having a GPS!
- the long awaited Garmin IMG driver
- vehicle logging facility, so you can keep a log of your tracks and share them to OSM
- several others bugfixes and enhancements. For a complete list, please see http://navit.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Cvs_since_0.0.1
We're also happy to announce our partnership with short-circuit.com. You will get 5% discount from them if you tell them that you're a NavIt user!