How are you contributing?
Hi MCR, I saw that you seem contributing to the item def.h, so if you like, why dont you add yourself to the team list? Oh and by the way, what are you working on in detail (just for because I'm curious)? --Usul (talk) 09:19, 11 June 2013 (CEST)
I'm working on traffic status and roadwork data. My aim is to receive roadwork and congestion status from the MDM-Portal and add decent markers in the map. Further goals are car park capacity and status updates.
My changes will at most result in a plugin, and my contribution will be limited by time. I haven't done much yet, mainly understand the core concepts and inner workings. Maybe I'll add myself to the team once I feel I contributed anything meaningful.
McR 13:15, 11 June 2013 (CEST)
- I see so traffic jams detected by floating car data? Interesting stuff, AFAIK OSM already contains TMC data, so another possibility would be to receive TMC messages via radio and apply them to the OSM road network. But of course, this will take a lot of time to realise this full feature :/. Anyway, you are more then welcome, to join the forum discussions about development and support: https://forum.navit-project.org --Usul (talk) 13:24, 11 June 2013 (CEST)
- No, there won't be floating car data or TMC.
- The project is about predicting traffic status and alerting the user if a traffic jam is likely to occurr.
- There's no "real" traffic data going into the system directly, only to evaluate the error rate at certain junction points.
- Also, the project's focus rests on Sachsen-Anhalt only, but may be extended afterwards.
- McR 13:33, 11 June 2013 (CEST)