These are my notes when attempting to get the QML GUI working. To be used when writing a proper wiki page about it...
Acer One netbook, 160GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Intel Atom processor.
latest Navit from SVN
Step 1 - Installing Qt
Finding and downloading
- Trying to find Qt 4.7 in package manager: Not found.
- Trying to find it online: found source (tech-pre-release) at http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-tp.tar.gz (~170MB)
- Un-gzipping: ~ 1 minute
Using instructions from http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/install-x11.html. In a terminal:
cd ~/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-tp/ ./configure
- During configure:
- Asks what type to use: Commercial or Open Source. Selected Open Source ('o')
- Asks to accept licence: Chose 'yes'
- Configuring... took ~14 minutes
Making and Installing
- Making... is taking >5hrs (I'm not joking!) and it's still going...