These are my notes when attempting to get the QML GUI working. To be used when writing a proper wiki page about it...
Acer One netbook, 160GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Intel Atom processor.
latest Navit from SVN
Step 1 - Installing Qt
Finding and downloading
- Trying to find Qt 4.7 in package manager: Not found.
- Trying to find it online: found source (tech-pre-release) at http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-tp.tar.gz (~170MB)
- Un-gzipping: ~ 1 minute
Using instructions from http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/install-x11.html. In a terminal:
cd ~/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0-tp/ ./configure
- During configure:
- Asks what type to use: Commercial or Open Source. Selected Open Source ('o')
- Asks to accept licence: Chose 'yes'
- Configuring... took ~14 minutes
Making and Installing
- Making... took ~5.5hrs (I'm not joking!)
sudo make install
- Installing... ~15 mins
Configuring the Environment
Again, using instructions from http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/install-x11.html. In a terminal:
PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/bin:$PATH export PATH
To check the PATH, in terminal:
$PATH bash: /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.0/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games: No such file or directory
Moving to Navit folder and updating from SVN. Also autogen, configure and making. Configure is with special switch from http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Gui_QML. In terminal:
cd ~/src/navit svn up && ./autogen.sh && ./configure --enable-gui-qml && make
- Checked during the configure routine for:
Graphics types: yes (default) qt_qpainter: yes (default) GUI types: qml: yes (configure parameter)
- Eeerm, no. Saw:
Graphics types: yes (default) qt_qpainter: no (Package qt-mt present) GUI types: qml: no (Packages QtGui and/or QtCore missing)