Common Problems with gpsd include:
- No support for it compiled in
Please check configure for
GPSD support: enabled
to make sure it includes support for gpsd and make sure libvehicle_gpsd.so is in your plugins directory. An indication that vehicle_gpsd is missing is also "vehicle_new:invalid type"
- Include Files and Libraries don't match
Make sure they are from the same version of gpsd
- Navit crashes when using gpsd
There is currently a bug in libgpsd that leads to crash in navit at random places. As a workaround, make sure you have no +r in your gpsd query string. This workaround prevens navit to create an nmea log, use gpspipe for that.
- Check if you have the right version of gpsd installed. E.g. gpsdrive brings its own version of gpsd that is not compatible with Navit.
- None from the above, but it still doesn't work
<debug name="vehicle_gpsd" level="9" />
to your navit.xml below or above the existing debug statement should give you more information what goes wrong.