We can discuss about navit on iphone here !
Trying Jan's build on OSX :
Using cmake gui :
Building with CMake V3.6.0 CMake Warning at /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/Platform/Darwin-Initialize.cmake:122 (message): Ignoring CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT value: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS9.3.sdk because the directory does not exist. Call Stack (most recent call first): /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/CMakeSystemSpecificInitialize.cmake:18 (include) CMakeLists.txt:4 (project)
The SDK seems to be installed in /Applications//Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS9.3.sdk
I would like to add automatic builds for the iphone to our build service at download.navit-project.org. But I guess I need some help from you for that. Can you either come to our irc channel #navit at irc.freenode.net or contact me via email? cp15(at)navit-project.org --Cp15 21:23, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi! I'm not developer. I installed and tryed this beta - and my experience is quite bad - actualy, I did not managet it to work. Navit opens, shows the map, and GPS find my location on it, I can zoom in and out, move around map, but that's it. I did not find how to move any further.
* Go Actions => Towns * Click on the cross (top-left of the screen) * Fill with your country name * Your country should appear on the screen. * Validate (top-right of the screen) * Fill with a Town name. * Your town should appear on the screen. * Validate * Set as destination. Your device should now indicate directions to reach your city from your position.
- 1. size of the maps and place of iPhone - planet.bin is kind of 2 gigs, but free space in /var/mobile/ is some hundreds of MB. Is it possible to place maps in home, not in root?
On my device /var is mounted on /private/var which is the home partition. But anyway, you can specify your own map path in /var/mobile/.navit/navit.xml (Copy it from /usr/share/navit/navit.xml). You can can use all maps from http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Main_Page#Maps to reduce your map size.
- 2. Can I somehow show, which map to use? I extracted small map for my city and named it eu.bin - to fit in /var/mobile/maps/
Default is in /var/mobile/Media/Maps/eu.bin
- 3. "Tools" is not working - taping on tools icon gives no result.
No tool implemented yet
- X. Some minimal user guide (or video) would be great!
This port of navit sw on iphone is still a beta, there are some bugs, we are trying to fix them. Some videos will be posted soon on this wiki.
Thanks! Anso 10:55, 29 June 2009 (UTC)