Difference between revisions of "Changelog"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
=== Navit 0.5.0 ===
=== Navit 0.5.0 ===
Latest revision as of 01:24, 5 September 2019
|The content of this document has been moved to: https://github.com/navit-gps/navit/blob/trunk/CHANGELOG.md . It is only kept here for archiving purposes.|
This release includes way too many changes for them to be listed here (over 2500 of them since the previous release), but one of the major improvements is the rewrite of the navigation engine, and a new renderer, based upon Cairo instead of GDK with nice features like anti-aliasing and some new translations.
This release contains a lot of bugfixes and other small improvements. If you want, have a look at the roadmap status for 0.1.0 : http://trac.navit-project.org/milestone/version%200.1.0
Major improvements over 0.0.2 :
- OpenStreetMap support has been greatly enhanced (navit now uses a binfile driver)
- garmin support has been greatly enhanced (but routing is still being worked on)
- some improvements for using navit under Openmoko (thanks to the OM contributors!)
- map interaction in GTK : you can now 'slide' the map by pressing mouse and dragging map
And of course, a lot of bugfixes and other small improvements. See the full list for more details.
Three months after the first public release, we've bundled a new version of NavIt.
This release includes, amongst other things :
- enhanced make install, with translations in 8 languages
- better support for osm data, with new binfile format faster than old text driver
- package building includes download of a osm sample map, so you can see how it looks and works without having to buy additional software
- Improved configuration through navit.xml
- new 'demo' vehicule which allows you to test NavIt, without even having a GPS!
- the long awaited Garmin IMG driver
- vehicle logging facility, so you can keep a log of your tracks and share them to OSM
- several others bugfixes and enhancements. For a complete list, please see http://navit.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Cvs_since_0.0.1
We're also happy to announce our partnership with short-circuit.com. You will get 5% discount from them if you tell them that you're a NavIt user!