Difference between revisions of "Contacts"
(→Developers and Notable Users: Some links)
|Line 88:||Line 88:|
Revision as of 17:46, 24 January 2011
You can contact Navit developers and frequent users for help or advice through a variety of methods. Though you can use any of the methods below, but the IRC channel will probably result the quickest response.
- 1 Contact Options
- 2 Developers and Notable Users
Come join us in the channel to ask questions, provide suggestions or generally hang out.
- Freenode have a webchat feature, allowing you to access the channel through your browser: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=navit
- A channel log is available from http://www.hentges.net/irclogs/%23navit. You can search the log using Google.
- Be patient. There are usually a lot of people logged in, but most of these people are not constantly monitoring the channel. Ask a question, then wait patiently for a reply. If you know the person to which your questions should be directed, include their nickname in your message so that their chat window is highlighted.
- Use the logs. If your question is not answered before you have to logoff, leave a message to say that you'll check the logs and hopefully someone will reply later on.
- Use English. Whilst not a hard-and-fast rule, there are a variety of nationalities represented within the channel, and English has been chosen as the primary language of communication. If your English is non-existant (then how are you reading this?!) then try to ask in your native language, but don't expect to be answered in a timely manner (unless it's German...)
The forums can be found on the Sourceforge support pages for the Navit project. As with the mailing lists, there are two forums:
- Help - For general help queries on installing, running or contributing to Navit. Please don't use this to report bugs - use Contacts#Trac instead.
- General Discussion - For discussing Navit in general, such as new features or ideas for the roadmap.
There are two mailing lists. One is specifically for helping users.
- navit-users - For help or advice, use the navit-users mailing list.
Reporting Bugs/Feature Requests
Check on the #IRC channel first to see if what you are experiencing is actually a bug, or if it's a problem with your setup.
There are two mailing lists. One is specifically for following Navit development.
- navit-commit - This is generally a read-only mailing list which will enable you to keep up-to-date with the latest commits to the Navit source in the subversion repository.
On Twitter? Follow us at http://twitter.com/NavitProject
Connect via LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/navit-project
A Facebook fan page can be found at http://www.facebook.com/NavitProject
Developers and Notable Users
You can check the list below to see if any of the developers or frequent users are using the same operating system or device as yourself. This will hopefully allow you to direct your questions to the right people and in the right location first time for a faster answer!
|cp15||cp15||cp15||martin-s||Lead developer & Project Manager||Android, Ubuntu, OpenSuSE, WeTab and sometimes WinCE||IRC|
|Number6||Number6||Number6||geoghegan||Developer & Tester||WinCE, WinMo||WinCE, OpenSUSE, Debian||IRC, wiki, mailing lists|
|Mineque||Mineque||Mineque||GUI Internal/OSD configurations||Vista 32bit, nightly builds from SVN. Ubuntu 64bit.||IRC, wiki|
|Dandor||Dandor||tegzed||tegzed||Developer. OSD speed-warner, odometer and stopwatch.||Ubuntu. Previously built using cygwin also||IRC|
|Korrosa||Korrosa||Korrosa||User. Wiki overseer.||Netbook||Ubuntu 32bit (Netbook Remix edition)||IRC, wiki|
|hape||hape||hape||User. PamPre OSD configuration, PalmPre support.||PalmPre||WebOs||IRC|