You can contact Navit developers and frequent users for help or advice through a variety of methods. Though you can use any of the methods below, but the IRC channel will probably result the quickest response.
Come join us in the channel to ask questions, provide suggestions or generally hang out.
- Freenode have a webchat feature, allowing you to access the channel through your browser: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=navit
- A channel log is available from http://www.hentges.net/irclogs/%23navit. You can search the log using Google.
The forums can be found on the Sourceforge support pages for the Navit project. As with the mailing lists, there are two forums:
- Help - For general help queries on installing, running or contributing to Navit. Please don't use this to report bugs - use Contacts#Trac instead.
- General Discussion - For discussing Navit in general, such as new features or ideas for the roadmap.
There are two mailing lists.
- navit-users - For help or advice, use the navit-users mailing list.
- navit-commit - This is generally a read-only mailing list which will enable you to keep up-to-date with the latest commits to the Navit source in the subversion repository.
On Twitter? Follow us at http://twitter.com/NavitProject
Connect via LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/navit-project
A Facebook fan page can be found at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Navit/180163652006751
Developers and Notable Users
You can check the list below to see if any of the developers or frequent users are using the same operating system or device as yourself. This will hopefully allow you to direct your questions to the right people and in the right location first time for a faster answer!
|cp15||cp15||cp15||Lead developer & Project Manager||Android, Ubuntu, OpenSuSE, WeTab and sometimes WinCE||IRC|
|Number6||Number6||Number6||Developer & Tester||WinCE||WinCE, OpenSUSE, Debian||IRC, wiki, mailing lists|
|Mineque||Mineque||Mineque||GUI Internal/OSD configurations||Vista 32bit, nightly builds from SVN. Ubuntu 64bit.||IRC, wiki|
|Dandor||Dandor||tegzed||Developer. OSD speed-warner, odometer and stopwatch.||Ubuntu. Previously built using cygwin also||IRC|
|Korrosa||Korrosa||Korrosa||User. Wiki overseer.||Netbook||Ubuntu 32bit (Netbook Remix edition)||IRC, wiki|