From Navit's Wiki
NavitConfigurator is a third party application for editing the navit.xml file on your PC running Windows or Linux. It supports Android devices to test the result directly. There exists a PPA to simply install this application for Ubuntu.
- "Map View Editor" for moving the different "OSD" items to your favourite position, change color, add new items, ...
- Change the order of the menu items
- Helps installing the latest version of Navit on your Android device by using the adb service (Android Debug Bridge)
- Show the result by restarting Navit via USB
- Configuration of the navit.xml file