The QML2 UI is a new UI being currently developed to provide a more modern look and feel to Navit.
|Tablet / PC||Mobile UI|
We have a prebuilt image for raspberry pi 2/3. This is a preview and will require more work, but feedback is welcome.
- download here : https://cloud.kazer.org/index.php/s/C6AGX70HSlOCAjv
- flash to your card : dd if=rpi3-sdcard.img of=/dev/<device>
- log in as root, no password required
- start Navit!
Tweaks (default config file is in /usr/share/navit/navit/xml) :
- you might want to tweak the default zoom setting (256 -> 32)
- you can disable the qt5_qml GUI and switch back to internal, it'll still use EGL
The QML2 UI is currently developed against QT 5.7
The easiest way to install QT 5.7 (or greater) is probably to use the QT online installer.
For other platforms, https://download.qt.io/archive/online_installers/2.0/
Enabling the QML2 ui
Once you compiled Navit, you can enable the QML2 ui from navit.xml.
- Change your graphics driver to qt5 :
- Enable the QML2 UI :
<gui type="qt5_qml" enabled="yes" />
- Disable the internal UI :
<gui type="internal" enabled="no">